David M. Minces PARTNER
Over the past 20 years, David Minces has earned his reputation for excellence. As clients, colleagues and even opposing counsel can attest, David is a relentless, creative and strategic force in the courtroom when fighting for clients. David’s victories for his clients include winning lawsuits, arbitrations, and appeals. Several of David’s cases are published on Westlaw, and others have been reported in the news.
David has a history of success in cases involving fraud, defamation, discrimination, retaliation, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, products liability, construction defects, premises liability, personal injury, and other high-stakes legal disputes including class action lawsuits. David is a fierce advocate and a proven winner who is not afraid to fight for people who have been harmed and have nowhere left to turn. On multiple occasions, David’s cross-examination skills have caused his clients’ adversaries to give up in the middle of a deposition.
David is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Texas, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Eighth Circuits. In addition to these admissions, David is one of only a very small percentage of Texas lawyers to qualify as Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – a credential he has maintained since 2007.
“David is the epitome of what an attorney should be.”
David’s work has generated many positive online reviews, with clients expressing appreciation for his honesty, knowledge and mastery of the law and facts of his client’s cases, responsiveness, compassion, friendliness, and belief in fighting for what is just and fair. As one former client said about David, “He is one of the best men I know in addition to being one of the best at his job.”
David graduated from University of Nebraska – Lincoln with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and minors in English, History, and Psychology. After working for a few years after college, David earned his law degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2000. During law school, David served as Administrative Editor of the Computer Law Review & Technology Journal. As a lawyer, David has periodically mentored law students by offering internship opportunities and by judging various mock trial and moot court competitions.
“He is compassionate with his client and believes in fighting for not just the little guy, but what is right and fair.”
David achieved the distinguished AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell in 2016 and has maintained it every year since. Additionally, he was selected by his peers for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars from 2009 to 2010 and was named to Texas Super Lawyers in 2019 and 2020. David is considered to be among the top one percent of trial lawyers by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel and has received numerous other accolades during his career. David is a member of the Houston Bar Association Labor and Employment Section and the State Bar of Texas.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2000
- Administrative Editor, Computer Law Review & Technology Journal
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Bachelor of Arts in Journalism with minors in English, History, and Psychology, 1993
Bar and Court Admissions
- Texas, 2000
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit Court
- Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2009 – 2010
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2019 – 2021
- “Who’s Who” of American Lawyers, Strathmore Who’s Who, 2015
- “Top Lawyer” by Houstonia Magazine, 2017
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, 2016 – present
- Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2019 – 2021
- Personnel Law Training Course, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Office of General Counsel, Office of Ethics and Personnel Law, June 2017
- Wage and Hour 101, Houston Metropolitan Paralegal Association CLE Luncheon, January 2017
- “The Triangle of Death:” Overlap and Interplay between Texas Workers Compensation Law, The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Gulf Coast Safety Institute Lunch & Learn CLE, May 2016
- Legal Aspects of Recordkeeping, Gulf Coast Safety Institute Lunch & Learn CLE, March 2016
- Workers Compensation Retaliation Law, Houston Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, 2011
- Harris County Health Heroes, Harris Health System
- Coaching elementary school students in University Interscholastic League (UIL) competitions
- Became Certified Fitness Trainer in 2000 and has led early morning “boot camp” fitness classes